Saturday, January 1, 2011

First 3 months

We found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks. I was so excited I woke up the morning I was a day late for my period and flew to the store to get a pregnancy test. Sure enough it was positive! We cried together in excitement. We had our friend staying with us at the time so we didn't really talk about it because we wanted to keep it a secret for 3 months or at least until our parents knew. I just couldn't wait to tell anyone! I had to tell SOMEONE! I text my sister "OMG I'M PREGNANT!!!" She said she yelled "OH MY GOD" and was so excited to hear the news. I told her she had to keep it quite until we told our parents.

We decided to do something a little special for our parents. We took a picture with Gizmo (our dog) with a sign that said" I'm going to be a big brother" and we framed it for them. When they found out there was nothing but tears of joy and excitement for baby Dobernecker!! =D

We had our first doctors appointment on Oct. 27th 2010 and we sat down with the nurse practitioner and she told us all the details on pregnancy and what I should be expecting. Drew got a little freaked out but we calmed him down :) 

Starting at 8 weeks I was bragging to everyone that I haven't been feeling sick and I felt totally normal and felt great! Leave it to myself to jinx it! Just a day or two later of me bragging I started to feel very nauseous and extremely tired! Boy! They aren't joking when it comes to morning sickness!!! UGH! If it weren't for the god awful smells I don't think I'd feel as bad! I cannot stand the smell of our fridge. I don't know if it's the mixture of the different foods or what it is? But, every time I open it I want to barf! ONIONS! I used to LOVE onions. Now, I CANT stand them! The smell, the texture, the taste! GUH! 

As the weeks went on I started to slowly feel a little better. I am now at 14 weeks and the nauseous days seems to be less and less. I feel more energy at times too.  Below you will see the picture we framed for our parents to announce the pregnancy and also our ultrasound pictures! Enjoy!!! 


Until next time..... :)



 14 weeks

12 Weeks
9 Weeks

6 Weeks




1 comment:

  1. yayyyyyy! keep on blogging... i love reading it all and you can even print it all out so the baby can read it too. like a diary. its fun to read how you were feeling etc after the baby comes. im so happy for you and drew! you guys will be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete