Thursday, January 13, 2011

16 Weeks!!!

So, here we are at week 16 already! I keep hoping these weeks will get easier and they seem to be getting harder :( This week I was fighting extremely bad migraines. It all started on Saturday when I was in tears because my head was pounding so hard! My entire face was numb, my ears were plugged my eyes were fuzzy.. It was horrible! As the days went on the headaches got worse and worse and never went away. Once Tuesday rolled around I couldn't keep any food down. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even keep water in my system. I called my doctor and they told me to go to the ER right away. Drew took me to St. Jude where we checked into the ER (which has amazing service btw). We got in right away and they immediately gave me some pain medication and something for the vomiting. They ran a blood and urine test which both came back normal. The doctor said it was hormones from the pregnancy. So, they hooked me up to an IV and gave me fluids while I rested and let the meds kick in. Whatever they gave me made me very loopy and in a total daze! I had Drew laughing all night long haha!! Once I was released I had this sudden craving for Wendy's. I never eat Wendy's! Whatever! I needed to eat something! I was able to get that down ok and keep it down. The next day I followed up with my OBGYN to make sure the baby was still ok and to talk about different medications I can take for the migraines. Baby was good and she prescribed me some pain killers. So far everything has been ok as long as I am resting. If I try to do to much the headaches come back. So, I have just been taking it easy and laying around resting.

I can't wait any longer to find out the sex!!!!! As far as the poll looks seems like a lot of you think I'm having a girl!!! =D There's lots of girls being born right now! Seems like everyone is having girls! hehe.. I love it!! I cant wait to start shopping and registering!!! I want to decorate the nursery now!!! =)  I was told by the nurse at the ER that I was very small for 16 weeks! Wonder if this means its a girl?  We will know in a week and a half!!!! =)

Let's see how this week goes! Hopefully better than last! Wish me luck! :)





16 Weeks! 


How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

How your life's changing:

The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.
Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy — feeling your baby move. While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. (And if this is your first baby, don't be too impatient — you may not be aware of your baby's movements until 20 weeks or so.) The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently.

1 comment: